This thread on Hacker News terrifies me

Gambler fake at feather.org.ru
Sat Sep 1 22:38:43 UTC 2018

On 9/1/2018 7:36 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 9/1/2018 2:15 AM, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm curious how the courses you took compared with the articles I
>>> wrote about it.
>>
>> I will read the articles later, but as overview, we learned about:
>> [...]
> It appears to have nothing related to what the articles are about.
>
> I'm rather sad that I've never seen these ideas outside of the aerospace
> industry. Added to that is all the pushback on them I get here, on
> reddit, and on hackernews.

Some people do. I should take this opportunity to plug one of Alan Kay's
great talks.

"Programming and Scaling"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyIQKBzIuBY

But Kay definitely isn't a Hacker News/Reddit darling, even though he's
well respected. He's too critical of the current state of software
engineering. Rightfully so, if you ask me.