Static foreach bug?

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Wed Sep 5 13:06:37 UTC 2018

On 06/09/2018 12:52 AM, JN wrote:
> On Wednesday, 5 September 2018 at 12:41:05 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 5 September 2018 at 12:05:59 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
>>
>>> Indeed. scope enum would make much more sense.
>>
>> scope enum sounds a lot better for me than static enum or even
>> __local. The __ words looks a little bit like compiler magic as the __
>> words are reserved for the compiler.
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Andre
>
> To be honest, using enum as "compile-time variable" is magic enough.
> Enum should be reserved for enumerations. But I guess it's one of those
> things that is too late to change.

An enum is some sort of constant. As long as something like scope enum
remains a constant and not an actual variable that can be modified, then
I think that it is ok naming-wise.

Of course the manifest enum's that you're referring to is a remnant of
#define in C. So it sort of makes sense and a little not at the same
time. Tis' weird.