What changes to D would you like to pay for?

RhyS sale at rhysoft.com
Fri Sep 7 11:48:47 UTC 2018

On Friday, 7 September 2018 at 11:27:04 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> cha-ching
>
> https://github.com/adamdruppe/arsd
>
> just copy/paste code out of there, it works and has worked for
> many years.

... Sorry Adam but if you consider a collection of lose code
production ready for D, then we have different ideas. ;)

* Not included into D / External maintained by one dev.
* Not "user friendly" / Documentation is ... be honest Adam ;)

> But I have zero interest in dealing with dangeresque Phobos
> politics. I work alone. Except when I work with Renaldo...
> which is always.

I know Phobos politics have "issues" but its up to D to get their
act together so people like you can contribute.

> You'll also have to define "high performance" with something
> concrete.

https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=test&runid=bd2d23c9-3d8c-4b6c-b7a2-cb900ed27e95

Its the most neutral and realistic benchmark for Web related
content. When PHP with its bootstrapping fire and forget approach
beats D by 50%, you know D has a issue. I am not including
Swoole/PHP as a example. D needs to be closer to Go by its
nature, then this low. Its just massive amount of performance
that is wasted because of issues with the drivers and missing
optimizations.