rund users welcome

Jonathan Marler johnnymarler at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 03:29:38 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 11 September 2018 at 01:02:30 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Sunday, 9 September 2018 at 04:32:32 UTC, Jonathan Marler
> wrote:
>>> - -od (e.g. for -od.)
>>
>> Hmmm, yeah it looks like rund is currently overriding this.
>> I've attempted a fix but it's hard to cover all the different
>> combinations of -of/-od/etc.  I'll need to fill out the rest
>> of the tests soon.
>
> Thanks. Looks like there's a problem on Posix systems: With
> -od., the binary file doesn't have the executable bit set. This
> fixes it:
>
>         std.file.copy(from, to,
> std.file.PreserveAttributes.yes);

I wasn't able to reproduce this issue on my ubuntu box.  But,
this might not be an issue anymore because I've implemented your
next suggestion...

> Why not just get the compiler to create the file at the correct
> location directly, and avoid the I/O of copying the file?

https://github.com/marler8997/rund/pull/3 (Remove extra
rename/copy when user gives -of)

Reviews welcome