Updating D beyond Unicode 2.0

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 14:14:58 UTC 2018

On Monday, 24 September 2018 at 13:26:14 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> Part of the reason, which I haven't read here yet, is that all
> the keywords are in English.

Eh, those are kinda opaque sequences anyway, since the meanings
aren't quite what the normal dictionary definition is anyway.
Look up "int" in the dictionary... or "void", or even "string".
They are just a handful of magic sequences we learn with the
programming language. (And in languages like Rust, "fn", lol.)

> One group which I believe hasn't spoken up yet is the group
> making the hunt framework, whom I believe are all Chinese? At
> least their web site is.

I know they used a lot of my code as a starting point, and I, of
course, wrote it in English, so that could have biased it a bit
too. Though that might be a general point where you want to use
these libraries and they are in a language.

Just even so, I still find it kinda hard to believe that
everybody everywhere uses only English in all their code. Maybe
our efforts should be going toward the Chinese market via natural
language support instead of competing with Rust on computer
language features :P

> It would be good to hear from a group like that which has large
> experience writing mature D code (it appears all to be in
> English) and how they feel about the support.

definitely.