Forums intermittently going down?

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 21:20:29 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 25 September 2018 at 21:12:54 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> I'll note that when I started running into DB slowdowns on a
> system (not related to D), adding one index fixed the issue.
> Sometimes linear searches are fast enough to hide in plain
> sight :)

I'm no DBA. Here's the schema:

https://github.com/CyberShadow/DFeed/blob/master/schema.sql

Sometimes the database (SQLite) behaves unusually slow until you
tell it to analyze itself, then it figures out some internal
index it has to use that it wasn't using before (with no changes
to schema). Those analysis runs take a long time to run, though,
during which the database is offline.

More generally, though, a big factor is probably that the size of
the data set is exceeding the intended use cases for the database
software used.