Updating D beyond Unicode 2.0

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 07:26:41 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 26 September 2018 at 06:50:47 UTC, Shachar Shemesh
wrote:
> The properties that cause city names to be poor candidates for
> enum values are the same as those that make them Unicode
> candidates.

How so?

> City names (data, changes over time) as enums (compile time
> set) seem like a horrible idea.

In most cases yes. But not always. You might me doing some sort
of game where certain cities are a central concept, not just data
with properties. Another possibility is that you're using code as
data, AKA scripting.

And who says anyway you can't make a program that's designed
specificially for certain cities?