Make an all in one distribution bundle

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Sun Apr 14 07:52:12 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 14 April 2019 at 07:42:36 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
> On Sunday, 14 April 2019 at 07:37:41 UTC, Kail wrote:
>
>> So, can you make a software bundle which containing compiler,
>> gui library,an ide, sqlite ... etc for dlang. This bundle
>> would be sufficient for most users
>
> IMO, that's a bit out of scope of the D Language Foundation and
> it's current resources and priorities.  However, this is
> definitely something you can do.  I encourage you to create
> this package yourself, announce it at
> https://forum.dlang.org/group/announce, and keep it updated
> periodically.  Make some good documentation for it, make some
> videos about how to use it to accomplish the things you
> mentioned, and in the process, make a name for yourself.
>
> Mike

As Mike said, while the Foundation concentrates on improving the
language, other things are done by heroes from the community. Of
course you get any help you need, just ask in the learn forum,
Slack or Discord.

You would be the perfect person to initiate this bundle as you
know the requirements best and you can get immediately feedback
from your colleagues.

Kind regards
Andre