dub -> meson

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Tue Apr 16 14:27:20 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-04-16 at 12:19 +0000, Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[…]

> Anything is better than dub as a build system, including raw make.

That's going a bit far, and is fighting talk. But let's not even think
about that argument here. :-)

[…]

> AFAIK, reggae, CMake and Premake can all do this as well.

SCons, and I believe Meson, are also able to do mixed language builds
very well.

I started a Dub add-in to SCons to handle dependencies but I got
disheartened by the naming strategy of Dub's build of dependencies and
gave up. I'd be happy to restart work on D support for SCons if it had
any chance of being used, and SCons Dub support if there was a
deterministic algorithm for finding Dub builds.

[…]

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200