Has D failed? ( unpopular opinion but I think yes )

Nierjerson Nierjerson at somewhere.com
Fri Apr 26 17:16:30 UTC 2019

On Friday, 26 April 2019 at 08:32:47 UTC, Claude wrote:
> On Thursday, 25 April 2019 at 18:21:18 UTC, Nierjerson wrote:
>> There are a few bootlickers in the forums. What you are
>> describing is D's decent in to a cult. Most other popular
>> programming languages have well established cult's. At least
>> it's programming and not politics, religion, or war.
>
> More than a thousand lines of bitterness and resentment in that
> thread!... But why? Is it a joke? When's the punch-line coming?

Not bitterness, just facts.

> Why don't you just drink a beer or a Suze or whatever chills
> you out and forget a bit about D?
>
> A few years ago, Andrei created a post on this very forum
> called "OurSister" which was talking about RC-string. I won't
> explain the pun (that would be awkward), but that joke alone
> deserves a massive cult and some steady boot-licking.
>
> So please enjoy yourself more and have a good laugh.

Do you realize the amount of pain and suffering cults have caused
on humanity just in the last century? All the wars, all of
politics, all the fanatical psychos that root for their favorite
sports teams and when they lose go on a rampage, all the
religious nuts, ...

You might find pain and suffering of others a joke or fun but I
don't. It's completely unnecessary and shows a lack of
intelligence and compassion.

While D's cult may not create much pain and suffering(Although
clearly it creates some issues) the point was to explain why, to
Chris... You failed to understand that point or learn from it.

My point was to tell him a little bit about how the human mind
works enough to explain why "communities" end up the way they do.
It's something out of his control for the most part and really,
ultimately, has nothing to do with the D language and just how
things work... Just as gravity works a very precise way, as heat,
as energy, as most things, so does human insanity.

Why is it relevant to understand this rather than just blowing it
off, chilling, and having a beer? Because most of the people that
are in to just blowing stuff off, chilling, and having a beer are
the ones who usually allow cults to grow unabashed because it
just gets in the way of there having their "fun"... of course,
they don't realize they too are in a cult perpetuating the same
insanity.