std/package.d - better unittests

Anonymous email at example.org
Mon Apr 29 22:41:31 UTC 2019

Looking through the std/package.d unittests, it seems too prone
to mistakes. There is currently nothing in place to make sure
that `import std` actually does import all of the modules in the
standard library.

I threw together a quick unittest that checks to make sure that
all standard library modules are imported by std/package.d:
(diff) https://pastebin.com/v1EnyZ53 (warning: very
hacked-together)

I ran it, and got these results:

std.typetuple is not imported in std.package.
std.xml is not imported in std.package.
std.outbuffer is not imported in std.package.

Is there a reason that these are not imported, or is it just
accidental?

I think there should be an additional unittest added to
std.package that checks like this to prevent mistakes when new
modules are added to phobos.

Thoughts?