How about a cross-compiler SIMD module?

Guillaume Piolat first.last at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 10:01:37 UTC 2019

On Friday, 2 August 2019 at 20:59:04 UTC, Stefanos Baziotis wrote:

> However, I feel like this should be part of druntime core and
> not an external
> library since core.simd already exists but is not
> cross-compiler.

Well yes what you did makes a lot of sense, since it's druntime
that will have to implement memcpy/memset/etc. So there is indeed
a need for something in druntime.

(intel-intrinsics is Boost-licensed and one can use any part of
it, but it's not like is has been "approved" in terms of DUB
popularity (which I feel is a necessary first step, along with
GDC support)).