Need to find materials for new learners about this programming language

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 6 18:58:20 UTC 2019

On 08/06/2019 10:52 AM, bpr wrote:
 > On Tuesday, 6 August 2019 at 07:45:01 UTC, RazvanN wrote:
 >> On Tuesday, 6 August 2019 at 07:28:04 UTC, nickjonson wrote:
 >>> I am new to this programming language, so I really need learning
 >>> materials about it, I searched online and they mostly just guided me.
 >>
 >> You can also use the materials we developed for our D ramp up Summer
 >> School [1]. It is not extensive, but it is more condensed.
 >>
 >> [1] https://ocw.cs.pub.ro/courses/dss
 >
 > Cool! One thing I didn't care for reading this that templates are
 > introduced via the shorthand for function and struct/class templates,
 > rather than introducing the general template mechanism first and then
 > showing the shorthand. Templates are one of D's best features and I
 > don't think they should be cropped to fit the C++ viewpoint.

I think it comes from my earlier choice of that order. (RazvanN and
others relied of my format.) I don't remember now exactly why but it was
usually for trying to minimize forward references. The actual syntax
appears 14 chapters after the shorthand syntax:

   http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/templates_more.html

Ali