sudo apt-get install dmd

BoQsc vaidas.boqsc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 16:58:35 UTC 2019

On Friday, 9 August 2019 at 16:11:13 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Friday, 9 August 2019 at 16:08:41 UTC, BoQsc wrote:
>> Can someone explain, why we still do not have apt repository
>> for D compiler?
>
> Doesn't this do what you need?
> https://d-apt.sourceforge.io/

I'd prefer having D language compiler included into next releases
of Linux distributions.
I'm worried that https://d-apt.sourceforge.io/ repository's
package nor D language compiler's license is compatible to be
included and even preinstalled in Distributions such as Ubuntu.

> That certainly works for me. Though I use the ldc2 compiler
> which is in the standard Debian archive.

ldc compiler is a way different bundle, it does not contain RDMD
nor DUB?