sudo apt-get install dmd

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Aug 11 11:40:18 UTC 2019

On Sat, 2019-08-10 at 21:02 +0000, aberba via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[…]
> The future of Linux app distribution is either Flatpak
> (https://flatpak.org/) or Snap (https://snapcraft.io/). Among
> which Flatpak is technically more powerful/promising.
[…]

So instead of a Deb vs. RPM war we now have a Snap vs. Flatpak was. As ever
this remains a RedHat vs. Canonical war.

Is it clear that either Snap or Flatpak are as efficient as native packages in
terms of space requirements, download time, install time.

Currently, I use Linuxbrew for the very few packages I cannot get from the
Debian repository. I'd like to avoid Snap or Flatpak if at all possible.

Does AppImage have a role? Or one of the other tens of "solutions" to the "we
have to have a single packaging system for all Linux distributions" "problem".

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200