Fix Phobos dependencies on autodecoding

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Fri Aug 16 13:03:57 UTC 2019

On Friday, August 16, 2019 4:32:06 AM MDT Patrick Schluter via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> > Unicode, in its original vision, solved those problems.
>
> Unicode is not perfect and indeed the crap with emoji is crap,
> but Unicode is better than what was used before.
> And to insist again, Unicode is mostly about "DATA PROCESSING".
> Sometime it might result to a human readable result, but that is
> only one part of its purpose.

I don't think that anyone is arguing that Unicode is worse than what we had
before. The problem is that there are aspects of Unicode that are screwed
up, making it far worse to deal with than it should be. We'd be way better
off if those mistakes had not been made. So, we're better off than we were
but also definitely worse off than we should be.

- Jonathan M Davis