DMD or LDC on mobile

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Aug 20 16:16:06 UTC 2019

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 05:38:36PM -0700, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> LDC needs to have official iOS/Android build distributions with unit
> tests passing... how do we get there?

Right now, LDC does work for Android builds. I have two experimental
Android projects that still compile.  The instructions can be found on
the wiki.  It's not perfect, of course; somebody should work on putting
things together in a nicer packaging that doesn't involve users
downloading and compiling LDC manually.  And also, since Joakim left
over some ideological issues, there's no longer any active maintainer of
the Android target for LDC, so we need someone to step up.

A program should be written to model the concepts of the task it performs rather than the physical world or a process because this maximizes the potential for it to be applied to tasks that are conceptually similar and, more important, to tasks that have not yet been conceived. -- Michael B. Allen