Talk on what a systems programming language needs to replace C

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Mon Aug 26 21:48:45 UTC 2019

On Monday, 26 August 2019 at 16:24:30 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:

> As you might imagine, I belong to the crowd that would rather
> see a better GC (thanks very much for all improvements by the
> way), than betterC or trying to copy Rust, just because it is
> getting all the love by the FAANG.

There is a lot of Rust click bait in this forum and some "look
Rust can do this and that, we must have it too". I think that D
should follow its own path and should not trying to ape Rust in
every fashion.

A better GC is always welcome and we should really focus on that
rather trying to be Rust with its memory management and other
quirks.