Proposal: __traits(getComment, symbol)

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Aug 31 16:15:09 UTC 2019

On 2019-08-30 07:41, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

> Walter has made it quite clear that he has no interest in exposing the AST
> to the program or in having something like AST macros in the language. It's
> come up time and time again, and it's always rejected.

Copy constructors and binding rvalues to references have come up several
times throughout the years and has always been rejected. Now we have
copy constructors in the language and most likely binding rvalues to
references soon.

The funny thing though, is that at the first D conference Walter
presented a talk about D2 (if I recall correctly) that included AST
macros as one of the features. Not sure what or who changed his mind
about that.

--
/Jacob Carlborg