Microsoft Project: Verona

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Sun Dec 8 10:36:50 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 7 December 2019 at 14:53:41 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:

> They have done more than just trying, Rust now ships in
> Microsoft products (Azure IoT and VScode) and they are part of
> the companies meeting the Rust core team regarding how to
> foster adoption among enterprises.
>
> https://gist.github.com/rylev/0e3c3895dcb40b6a1c1cf8c427c01b5e

I wonder why Microsoft never tinkered with D for this purpose.
Was it the garbage collector that made them avoid D after all
these years? However Rust comes along and Microsoft is suddenly
interested.

I'm interested what Microsoft does with Verona. In general
Microsoft are good at creating more ergonomic languages. Rust is
sometimes a bit clunky to use at some points and the question if
Microsoft can make a more user friendly language than Rust.