Github and enthusiasm

bachmeier no at spam.net
Mon Dec 9 17:22:05 UTC 2019

On Monday, 9 December 2019 at 16:33:27 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> So Sebastiaan Koppe's work on WebAssembly might become
> significant. Language contenders with tight codegen, good
> debugging support (DWARF) and low memory usage could easily
> take off in the next 2-3 years.

Yes, he's doing critically important work to make D available in
more places. Not my area at all, but clearly a big target.

> Another integration path to watch out for is Dart. Who is now
> getting foreign function invocation so that means D could
> attach itself to Flutter (GUI for iOS, Android, Desktop and
> Web) and benefit from that ecosystem. I think arrays are still
> missing though.

I've looked into this, and dpp gives it to us for free, as far as
I can tell. Friendly wrappers will improve the experience, but
the big hurdle of bindings to the basic functionality is already
solved.