Any project started for libmongoc?

tirtihen tirithen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 08:53:52 UTC 2019

Hi, I'm fairly new to the D language, I found it when searching
for a fast compiled C-like language with less configuration than
C++. I'm mainly a Node.js and Go developer previously so I guess
I have been a bit spoiled with a lot of ready made off the shelf
third party packages being available.

I want to use it for web development and I'm looking for a good
MongoDB driver. I have tried the one used by vibe.d but it lacks
a lot of features and I'm now after some way of doing distributed
transactions (https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/core/transactions/).

There seem to be a good official C library (http://mongoc.org/)
and D is supposed to be good at interfacing against C but it
looks like quite a lot of work for a D beginner (around 50 header
files).

Is there anyone else that have started on this or similar MongoDB
driver already?