opMixin or mixin function templates with convenience operator?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 13:22:49 UTC 2019

On Friday, 13 December 2019 at 13:17:24 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On Thursday, 12 December 2019 at 11:39:46 UTC, Ola Fosheim
> Grøstad wrote:
>
>> This is getting close to AST macros... but you should be able
>> to put constraint on the resulting AST.
>
> I agree. Therefore I think it would be much better to implement
> AST macros.

Since D is not changing much anymore it could be the right time
to introduce AST macros.

Although I think it should follow this route:

1. refactor the compiler so that as much as possible is done as
lowerings
2. create a minimal IR that (1.) can lower to
3. implement the lowerings as AST macros to the IR
4. add AST macro features to the language

So it cannot happen over night...