opMixin or mixin function templates with convenience operator?

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Fri Dec 13 13:31:27 UTC 2019

On 14/12/2019 2:17 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On Thursday, 12 December 2019 at 11:39:46 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
>
>> This is getting close to AST macros... but you should be able to put
>> constraint on the resulting AST.
>
> I agree. Therefore I think it would be much better to implement AST
> macros. Yet again we have an issue that AST macros can solve but Walter
> and company prefers to have specialized features instead of generic ones.
>
> --
> /Jacob Carlborg

I've talked about this before with async, but I'm partial towards having
a specialized string like q"" that will always be mixed in i.e.

[handler.]async {
	<brace matched text>
}

expands to:

mixin(handler("<brace matched text>"));

Or something like that, with a default handler being available based
upon scope.

It would be preferable to be able to lookup declarations available in
the callee's scope to do reflection on it.