The issue with D...

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 13:18:08 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 2 February 2019 at 12:11:56 UTC, bauss wrote:

> Also look forward to the future when you don't need to install
> Visual Studio to get the linker as it will ship with DMD (If it
> doesn't already? It's been a while since I've checked.)

It is. But there is another problem. D is a SYSTEM programming
language, not just some productivity language. It means there is
still dependency on the system libs! Heck, even Rust given up
with jemalloc in favor of system allocator by default, if this
says something...
Of course the problem with packaging the libs with compiler
installation can be solved by using same approach MinGW did, like
people say, or even using the MinGW libs if it is possible.