The DIP Process

Nicholas Wilson iamthewilsonator at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 27 00:53:51 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 27 February 2019 at 00:44:26 UTC, Jonathan Marler
wrote:
> You said "but sometimes it's only _because_ of those multiple
> rounds of feedback and revision that a proposal is clear
> enough".
>  Which DIPs are you referring to?  I can't identify any
> proposal that falls into this case.

FWIW Walter has said that if alias this had been proposed today
that it would be rejected because it has too many nasty corner
cases. I happen to believe alias this is awesome but I do see
where he's coming from and I've been reviewing a lot of Razvan's
PRs fixing those corner cases so I know they do exist. One of the
points on the agenda for the DLF meeting at dconf is a review of
the state of alias this.