The DIP Process

Donald donald at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 01:02:45 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 27 February 2019 at 00:15:02 UTC, Manu wrote:
> Consider DIP 1080:
>
> W&A: this needs work, fix this
> W&A: this needs work, fix this
> W&A: this needs work, fix this
> W&A: this is great, it's pre-accepted
>
> And DIP 1016:
>
> Others: this needs work, fix this
> Others: this needs work, fix this
> Others: this seems fine
> W&A: I'm confused by this word, eject the whole thing into
> space,
> start again, you're an idiot, this is final, come back 1 year!
>
> Like, this meant to be funny, but it's actually accurate.

Well this is a bit tricky. Because the way you showed above, you
fixed what others pointed but not what W&A pointed.

I'm not here to take any sides, but yes in DIP 1080 Andrei/Walter
were more active there, and maybe that's is the trickiest part.

In your case just after you presented DIP 1016 that Walter/Andrei
appeared.

Finally I know you are an old member and trying to help, so
please don't take this DIP rejection personally, I still think
you should try one more time, with what W&A pointed and even
highlight it in the document and re-applied again.

Donald.