DIP 1019--Named Arguments Lite--Community Review Round 1

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 17:46:24 UTC 2019

On Friday, 15 February 2019 at 12:56:45 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> This is the feedback thread for the first round of Community
> Review for DIP 1019, "Named Arguments Lite":

The proposal mentioned that having two @named functions with same
names and parameter types but different parameter names is
allowed. However, this does imply @named functions have different
mangling than a similar unnamed function. I think the DIP should
mention whether this means that extern(!D) functions are
forbidden altogether, or just don't consider parameter names in
overload resolution.

The above brings this proposal closer to what Rikki did propose.
IMO this proposal has better syntax, but Rikki's proposal has the
advantage that named parameters can be combined with unnamed
parameters. In any case, I think they should go to formal
assesment together. Either one will be a step forward.