[OT] Unity's HPC#

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 12:05:54 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 27 February 2019 at 19:13:11 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> So they have a rather interesting solution: They're switching
> from C++ to a subset of C#, combined with some custom libs and
> IL-based tooling. Sounds slightly odd, but they make a very
> convincing case for it.

This is exactly where D has the largest advantage over C#. I find
that C# is generally good to code with, as long as you don't care
about performance beyond avoiding big O crimes. But when you try
to do stuff like using structs when you don't need polymorhism or
trying to minimize allocation when working with an array, it gets
inpractical. With D, of course you still need to put a bit more
thought in, but it doesn't feel like the language is fighting
your optimization efforts.