[OT] Unity's HPC#

XavierAP n3minis-git at yahoo.es
Thu Feb 28 14:47:48 UTC 2019

I had seen it, it looks really nice. It reminds me of what Weka
do using D, not as is, but heavily modified by themselves
(specially Phobos). It's an extremely restricted subset of C# and
.NET that they have implemented.

I guess Unity's choice for C# was obvious, since it's the same
language they were already using for user scripts. Otherwise they
might have considered D or others.

On Thursday, 28 February 2019 at 12:05:54 UTC, Dukc wrote:
> when you try to do stuff like using structs when you don't need
> polymorphism or trying to minimize allocation when working with
> an array, it gets impractical.

How so?

Precisely the split between GC classes and stack structs without
polymorphism, is one thing C# and D have in exactly the same way
(and  unlike C++, Java or other languages I know).