newCTFE a "funny" bug

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 30 22:00:34 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 30 January 2019 at 17:53:27 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> "Complexity complex" sounds like an apt description of C++. :-D
>
> We may divide overall complexity by the number of
> cleanly-designed, orthogonal features to get an estimate of the
> complexity each language feature brings.  In the case of C++, I
> fear it may end up being infinity.  :-P

I would not go that far, infact as may warts an corner cases as
C++ has,
it does go to heroic efforts to define the wired corner cases.

D manages to put a weider runtime-library blanket over the
complexity and the syntax is nicer.
But in the end it's all there. I assume there's just because less
people who peer under the blanket and write a blog-post.