Why is vibe.d still performing bad in benchmarks?

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Thu Jul 11 08:25:53 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 11 July 2019 at 08:04:03 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 12:10 AM sanjayss via Digitalmars-d <
> digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>

>> It is terrible! Whatever the excuse, there is no other way to
>> look at it than to say that based on the tech-empower tests,
>> you wouldn't really consider vibe-d for a web-framework.
>>

> I disagree, there are many other more well known frameworks use
> all over the world which has much  terrible performance and
> there are still considered.

It's still terrible compared to what it should rank.

vibe.d should be ranking near the top since that's where D's
usual performance is ranked.

Look at the difference between D's performance and then look at
Rust,C and C++. D is not even near those. Rust ranks in the top.

Even .NET performs better than D in those benchmarks.

We need to just realize that D did terrible in this benchmark and
perhaps the problem is something internally in vibe.d and then we
need to focus on what exactly the issue is, locate it and fix
that.

vibe.d can indeed rank just as high but it doesn't.