Could D have fit Microsoft's needs?

Exil Exil at gmall.com
Mon Jul 22 23:44:12 UTC 2019

On Monday, 22 July 2019 at 01:31:17 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 7/21/2019 11:46 AM, aliak wrote:
>> A bug in Nullable cause of us to swear off working on the D
>> version - but the same person got defeated by the Rust borrow
>> checker but that for some reason did not make him swear it off.
>

> I'm not surprised. I see this all the time. It's the "social
> proof" thing at work.

Well one has bug(s) and is poorly named for what it actually
implements. It isn't being fixed because of "reasons". The other
is a feature that is working as intended, preventing the user
from doing something they shouldn't be doing. I know which one I
would be frustrated with more, especially if it wasn't the first
bug I've encountered ;).