There's a problem in the D economic system

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 10:18:07 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 24 July 2019 at 10:06:01 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>

> and i am not trying to say that you're doing something wrong,
> or vile, or something like that. i am only trying to say that
> is a legal entity cannot even use its own money without Big
> Brother approval, then there is little sense in being "legal"
> (whatever that means) at all.

It means maintaining the status of a 501(c)(3) non-profit public
charity and avoiding any penalties or jail time for the person
handling the money.

In the modern world, attempting to shuffle around large amounts
of cash outside of a legal entiry like a non-profit or a
corporation is just a recipe for trouble. In my own case, as a
permanent resident in Korea I can do almost anything a Korean can
do, but not when it comes to international finances. I can't
attach may Korean bank account to my PayPal account and I'm
severely limited in how much money can be sent to me in a single
transaction and annually from a single source unless I set up a
business of some sort. Some people in some countries don't have
certain transfer services available to them or (like me) are
limited in how they can use them.

It would be hell trying to raise money from and pay money to
people around the world without the D Foundation.