There's a problem in the D economic system

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 10:49:24 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 24 July 2019 at 10:34:57 UTC, Chris wrote:

> And knowing all this, it never occurred to anyone to set up a
> sound and transparent payment system? It wasn't until a company
> approached you that you figured out that it might be a good
> idea?

I don't know what you're going on about. The D Foundation has
been paying people through multiple methods for a while now,
using whatever transfer system charges the smallest amount of
fees in the recipient's country. We don't need a bounty system to
pay people. The bounty system is just to track how much money is
associated with a specific issue.

Again, no one was taking advantage of the old system. Click on
that bounty source link earlier in the thread and see how old
many of those issues are. When fundraising options first fell on
my plate, I didn't consider a new bounty system a priority
because the old one never met its potential and there was never a
clamour from the community for a new one. But if a company is
willing to throw money at bugzilla issues, of course we're going
to facilitate it. And rather than limit it to just that company,
we're setting up a new system to let everyone participate.

If you think I screwed up by not starting a bounty system sooner,
that's fine. But at least get your criticism on target.