There's a problem in the D economic system

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Wed Jul 24 13:21:48 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 24 July 2019 at 11:44:56 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> On Wednesday, 24 July 2019 at 11:36:40 UTC, Chris wrote:
>
>> So what happened? Why wasn't there a link on the homepage that
>> said "Set & Get Bounties", and why wasn't it brought to the
>> public's attention regularly? It's not rocket science, it's
>> marketing basics.
>
> I imagine because sometimes people are more interested in
> complaining and telling others what they ought to do than
> finding constructive ways to move the world in the direction in
> which they think it should go.
>
> If you see something missing it's not that difficult to fix it
> yourself.  dlang.org is on github, after all.

Er, yeah, sure, it's the people who never knew it even existed
and complain that they weren't told that are to blame, not those
who were in the know and didn't advertise it. Ha ha ha! But Exil
has basically said all there is to say.[1]

> Human nature is a funny thing.

It is funny, indeed! When I look at your posts on this forum and
your professional background it is obvious that you've been
trained to give this sort of motivational talk, rambling on about
the universe and advancing things. And yet, you always stick with
the status quo and the powers that be, in fact you always
advocate for standstill, albeit in the guise of spiritual
advancement. Funny that. I wonder what you gain by this, I can
only guess, but I do know that people who talk about the cosmos
and the universe all the time have very worldly interests. I've
been around the block a few times and your voodoo psychology
won't work on me. And it sounds like a broken record you turn on
by reflex, as is clear from your answer above that has backfired
(see [1]). Do you ever stop for a second to think about what
people who complain are actually saying or do you just copy and
paste your voodoo psychology?

[1]
https://forum.dlang.org/post/sqxhmoqsklhjrxvhnkdc@forum.dlang.org