DMD or LDC on mobile

Ethan gooberman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 18:46:26 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 25 July 2019 at 17:11:56 UTC, a11e99z wrote:
> imo mobile devs is splitted by Swift and Java/Kotlin as natives

And that's great. But I'm not writing high-performance
easy-to-maintain multi-platform code in those languages.

My software will plug in to Unity and Unreal Engine. If D can't
target iOS (moreso than Android) then I straight up can't use D
for the runtime.

And if I can't target iOS, then there's a very good chance I'm
not going to use D for mobile gaming ever. Which in this day in
age is one step removed from just straight up not using it in
gaming.