You know how I was saying in my DConf talk...

Ethan gooberman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 12:56:07 UTC 2019

On Friday, 26 July 2019 at 10:33:29 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> The compiler on run.dlang.org provides plenty of context:
>
> /dlang/dmd/linux/bin64/../../src/phobos/std/traits.d(482):
> Error: local scope __anonymous is not a variable
> /dlang/dmd/linux/bin64/../../src/phobos/std/traits.d(580):
> Error: template instance `std.traits.parentOf!(StructOne)`
> error instantiating
> onlineapp.d(16):        instantiated from here:
> moduleName!(StructOne)
> onlineapp.d(16):        while evaluating pragma(msg,
> moduleName!(StructOne))
>
> It provides instantiation stack and all line numbers where
> error occurs.

Simple use cases like my example are not the problem.

There's an error I was getting the other day that doesn't give a
line number, just a file.

Another one starts with "COMPILE".

Both of those required unrolling code and tinkering to work out
what was wedged in their bonnet.

And of course I have no idea how to reproduce them either because
they're deep in mixins in templated functions in templates in
mixins.

I do not write normal code in D. But down in my meta rabbit hole
is where all of D's real ultimate power is.