Has D succeeded? (Unpopular opinion but I think yes)

Piotrek dummy at dummy.gov
Sat Jun 15 14:46:08 UTC 2019

I am aware that the all below statements are just my personal
opinions, but they are based on quite a long experience as an
average software developer.

The main reason why I think D is the best language is that is
covers full spectrum of software development. It can be used with
a pleasure for any kind programming task. From implementing bare
metal software to writing quick scripts. And all this with the
very nice syntax.

So I would like to thank all of past and present contributors who
helped the D language to go so far.

Also I wanted to do an exercise of comparing D in the same domain
as C and decided to port some non-trivial C code to D. I piked a
RISC-V emulator written by Fabrice Bellard.
Here is the outcome
:https://github.com/PiotrekDlang/d-risc-v-emulator-tinyemu

It made me smile when I saw that Fabrice's code uses templates
and he had to use the processor for that. I just couldn't be more
happier that D has it out of the box and it is so clean and easy.

And my personal bet on the better D future is to have the biggest
possible standard library.
I'm a big fan of the "battery-included" approach like Python and
Go.
For an easier software development I will also support all
efforts to make C dependency optional (like Go).

Once again, thank you all for hard work. I wish you will be
gratified in some way.

Cheers,
Piotrek