Has D succeeded? (Unpopular opinion but I think yes)

Ron Tarrant rontarrant at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 17:16:48 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 15 June 2019 at 14:46:08 UTC, Piotrek wrote:
> I am aware that the all below statements are just my personal
> opinions, but they are based on quite a long experience as an
> average software developer.

I like it because it lets me use a lot of the skills I developed
while using C back in the day, but with OOP thrown in. It's like
C on steroids... or PHP, can't decide which.

And I find a lot of the time, I spend mere moments debugging
compared to other languages I've wrestled with over the years.
I've lost track of the number of times I've run the compiler
while thinking, "Let's see how many errors come out of this," and
there weren't any. For my money, that's a good fit and it's gonna
take a long lever applied to a large fulcrum to pry me away from
D.