Very limited shared promotion

matheus matheus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 13:24:27 UTC 2019

On Friday, 21 June 2019 at 12:07:06 UTC, Manu wrote:
> Novices don't write threading libraries. They tend to be very
> small in
> surface area, and written once. It'll be fine, and it gives us
> the
> control we need.
> Anything more from the language at this very early stage is an
> over-reach.

Sorry but I don't think this is true, or at least need some
facts/numbers.

I've seen "novices" or different type of people doing things that
they shouldn't. For example, in the last 2 places that I worked,
I saw management put developers (Like Desktop) without any
experience in web to write Web APIs and the result was terrible,
but they need to do otherwise they would be fired.

So just say novices barely it's to shallow.

By the way even experienced programmers can commit mistakes, and
they way you talk you assume they not, and bugs are out there in
most software and even from big companies.

Matheus.