The DIP Process

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Mar 2 22:42:55 UTC 2019

On 3/2/2019 1:50 AM, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> Out of all the things I said...you chose to respond to this?

I've been on forums for several decades. I've done the point-by-point responses
endlessly. They never result in understanding nor resolution. They just spawn
another point-by-point riposte, which demands another point-by-point response,
which goes on and on until someone gives up from sheer exhaustion. Few forum
readers ever seem to read these chains, either.

Instead, I choose to respond to what seems like the overarching point of the
message. It seems to work better.

 > you don't realize what you're actually doing

Please maintain professional demeanor.