Diet template syntax highlighting / alternatives?

Johannes Loher johannesloher at fg4f.de
Fri Mar 15 07:24:34 UTC 2019

Am 14.03.19 um 23:22 schrieb Foo Bar:
> While I've always been a big fan of vibe.d, diet templates have never
> really tickled my pickle. I don't like how much different it is from
> plain HTML, and I always prefer something like EJS (https://ejs.co).
>
> I was hoping that there was some sort of alternative to diet templates,
> something with more similar syntax to EJS. Are there any such alternatives?
>
> If there are no alternatives, are there any sort of syntax highlighting
> plugins for vim that support diet? That would at least make diet a
> little easier to work with.
>
> Thanks!

I don't really think there is a real alternative at the moment if you
plan to only use D. Some other frameworks use a different template
syntax, e.g.
Diamond MVC , which builds on top of vibe.d
(https://github.com/DiamondMVC/Diamond) or hunt-framework, which is
completely independent and developed by the Chinese community
(https://github.com/huntlabs/hunt-framework).

If you want to stick with "plain" vibe.d, but simply want syntax
highlighting for diet templates, I suggest to use Laurent Treguier's
extension for VS Code (https://github.com/LaurentTreguier/diet-vscode).
In my experience, it worked really well.