memory management and the standard library

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Mar 15 15:27:13 UTC 2019

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 11:23:35PM +0000, Seb via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 March 2019 at 23:06:19 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > What do you mean by struct initialization outside of assignments? D
> > already supports struct initialization syntax of the form S(...)
> > inside expressions.
>
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/pull/71
[...]

Ah I see. Well it's a minor syntactic convenience, and we do already
support ctor calls (albeit without the ability to explicitly name
fields), so I don't consider it a major point at all.  But certainly
nice to have.

Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals could believe them. -- George Orwell