"Stop Designing Languages. Write Libraries Instead."

Nicholas Wilson iamthewilsonator at hotmail.com
Fri May 3 08:37:16 UTC 2019

On Friday, 3 May 2019 at 02:25:47 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
> I've often wanted to write a shim from D to the .Net class
> libraries just so I can use the .Net API from D.  I think
> others might even currently be working on such a thing.  What
> would be even better would be to write a tool that can
> automatically translate the .Net Framework class libraries to
> D, perhaps built on top of Phobos, to achieve platform
> abstraction.

https://github.com/thewilsonator/dflat

Almost done, currently stuck on
https://github.com/dotnet/coreclr/issues/24216#issuecomment-488682958
any insight into the metadata of PE headers much appreciated.

Note that calling C# will probably butcher your perf because you
have to disable the D GC on entry to C# code and and manually
unpin C# objects from D to avoid the two GCs stepping on each
others code.