[OT] Granny-friendly Linux Distros?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue May 7 16:33:09 UTC 2019

On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 10:20:18PM -0700, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 5/6/2019 5:15 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > Am I the only one who thinks this is completely ridiculous, and a
> > shame to our industry, that users have to put up with this kind of
> > nonsense?
>
> Heck, it would be so much better if it installed updated on shutdown,
> not startup!

They should've hired you on the Windows Update team...! ;-)

> The same goes for Ubuntu Linux, btw. When I log into Ubuntu, I want to
> do something now, not wait for 10 minutes clicking Ok, Yes, Install,
> Ok, ...

That makes me glad I don't use Ubuntu. :-/  I had an Ubuntu box once,
but I just edited /etc/apt/sources.list to point to the Debian repos
instead, and apt dist-upgraded out of Ubuntu into Debian. :-D

Long, long ago, the ancient Chinese invented a device that lets them see through walls. It was called the "window".