[spec] Numbered chapters

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.com
Wed May 15 15:22:53 UTC 2019

On 5/15/19 6:23 AM, Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:
> On Wednesday, 15 May 2019 at 00:14:15 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> I strongly suggest to start with lower-scale PRs. Numbering chapters,
>> renaming files, reorganizations etc are attractive for newcomers but
>> not recommended.
>
> Okay will leave renaming and numbering for now, but I would like to add
> files and change the order for some topics. For instance the full
> grammar should be in an appendix I think rather than the third topic -
> as the grammar would/should be covered in the individual sections anyway.
>
> Does that make sense?

I think some things ought indeed to be reordered. Not sure about moving
the grammar to the appendix. Larger point is - do you really want your
first contribution to be a major revamp? Why? No need to mark your
territory. There's so many good things to do there that can be done
quickly while learning the ropes.