[OT] Unity's HPC#

Margo margo at margotics.des
Sun May 19 01:45:07 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 15 May 2019 at 18:43:38 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> Umm, no, you're not right. I use D for HTTP, and you'll find
> that many people here do.

And that is the issue, is it not. A small group of people are not
a reflection of a performance based HTTP solution.

> And I'd literally sooner kill myself than go back to suffering
> through the festering cr*pfest that is PHP.

And yet, you are reading most of your websites using that
"cr*pfest ". Its always popular to b*tch about PHP but it gets
the job done. Unlike D that just can not get any traction because
it keep spreading its resources left and right between C/C++,
that very few people are interested in. You know that C++ has
taken over most of D its advantages right? Rust is a better C++
replacement. Let alone the C alternatives.

> Switching to Go would be like fighting with one hand tied
> behind my back. And Crystal...

> I don't even know that one, but a quick search shows it's not
> even 1.0 yet, making it more than a little bizarre that someone
> making the arguments you're making would suggest it over D.

Maybe because despite being pre-1.0, it actually performance 5
times better then D? Its easy to judge a language on a label
without trying it out yourself, is it not :)

Let me help...

https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=test&runid=2539a0c7-934c-4eaf-93ed-a1980566cffe&hw=ph&test=fortune&l=zdk8af-7

Yea, D is really bad with vibe.d, when it comes down to web
performance.

> You're not actually interested in making a real point, you're
> just here to argue, right?

Tomato, Potato ...

I see mostly people here that are delusional about D its future.
And as i pointed out in my post, there are simply better
alternatives for anything HTTP related then D. If you can not
handle this, ...