[OT] Unity's HPC#

bachmeier no at spam.net
Wed May 15 19:54:27 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 15 May 2019 at 18:43:38 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:

> Umm, no, you're not right. I use D for HTTP, and you'll find
> that many people here do.

I think what it amounts to is that you use the language you're
comfortable with because you're doing the same thing no matter
which language it is. You don't choose a language for csv support
or SQLite support, because csv files and .sqlite files hold the
same data independent of the language. R is seeing a lot of
momentum in the web space. It's not because it's a great web
language but because folks do their statistical analysis and then
they want to share it with the world.

> And Crystal...I don't even know that one, but a quick search
> shows it's not even 1.0 yet, making it more than a little
> bizarre that someone making the arguments you're making would
> suggest it over D. You're not actually interested in making a
> real point, you're just here to argue, right?

It read to me like an attempt to spam about Crystal. Last I
checked, Crystal didn't even have Windows support. A more
sensible list would have included Java, Scala, Clojure, C#,
Kotlin, Python, or Ruby rather than Crystal if you're making a
point about hiring programmers.