DConf Videos, Why?

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Fri May 31 08:21:06 UTC 2019

On Friday, 31 May 2019 at 05:26:20 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> I was happy with the shop Symmetry hired to do the recording.
> The initial estimate, I'm told, was 2-3 weeks depending on the
> amount of footage they had to work with, which sounded great to
> me. They were using three cameras that I saw, but I heard there
> were four. Splicing together footage from multiple cameras for
> three days of talks is not something that happens in a couple
> of days unless you've got a large team working on it
> exclusively, and that would add $$$$ to the conference costs.
> Needlessly, in my view.

As there seems to be complaining about the streaming, let me be a
counterweight. For me, these arguments convince that Symmetry/you
have done good job here. We have the livestreams at YouTube
(except for day 1) for these who want to quickly access the
talks, and an edited quality versions coming later. Best of both
worlds.

As for the WebEx mistake, I think that it's secondary -your most
important goal was to ensure no permanent loss of recordings, and
that you did.

As with Walter's aeroplane, you can't except every component to
work, but as long as you have backups, you have done your job.
Thank you all who were preparing or talking at the conf.